Wednesday, July 20, 2011

When it pours...

...we ignore it and keep running. The sky opened up on Monday night and rain came down so hard, I thought it might be hail hitting the windshield as I drove to the next race - Belmont Lake State Park 5K.

I decided that as long as the race was on, I was running. Fortunately, the skies cleared just in time. Of course, the same cannot be said for the ground. There were puddles and mud pits galore presenting me with a new challenge, running with soggy feet!

I can't say it was comfortable, but the park was beautiful. I would love to go back and take a paddle boat for a spin. I also turned in my best 5k time yet, 29;55. My goal of breaking 30 minutes is achieved! I love this running series. It really lets you see your improvement quickly.

No comments: